Re: [TenTec] Bush behind BPL...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Bush behind BPL...
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 11:15:49 -0500
Here is my e-mail to the Dallas morning news political columnist,

Notice how I've left Ham radio out all together, Thus if we get the joe public
concerned about the increase in power costs, I'm sure Kerry will make it an issue
Well, you know the story if we can get the word out.

73's
Rich
K5SF

I have noticed a big push on Bush's part to push BPL "BroadBand over Power Lines" to "give everyone access to High speed internet"

I do not think this is such a good idea.

Here are my questions, and I hope you might use it for a story.

Is the BPL infrastructure costs going to be passed on to the consumer in higher electric rates due to any guaranteed profits allow to the power company?

The Infrastructure upgrade costs will be very large to implement BPL, It was so large that it almost bankrupted every major TELCO supplier.

Thus if the power company is guaranteed a profit by burying the costs in 'infrastructure' upgrades, then uses that to compete with the TELCO's, Will they not then absorb the losses into infrastructures and Cause the Electric consumer to pay for the competition?

Is this a reality?

Thanks
Richard Detweiler