Re: [TenTec] Come see us at Dayton

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Come see us at Dayton
From: Bob Stephens <bstephens1@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 08:09:12 -0400
Tom,

An Orion eh? Might be a bit big for mobile/portable use ;-)

I'm imagining a medium small rig, mechanically and electrically rugged with a good receiver, better than average front end and better than average filters. A serious but simple portable rig.

It would be the ideal rig for any of the following:

a. IOTA and lighthouse portable stations

b. Field Day

c. rover station contesting

d. vacation rig for the guy who's used to a serious rig

e. any kind of serious mobile operation

f. special events

I think a rugged, factory built rig by TT with the ability of a 100w K2 would do the job quite well.

de KB1CIW, Bob

At 09:31 PM 5/4/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> I'd like a factory built rig as good or better than a 100 watt K2. Maybe a
> bit bigger with better filters. If anyone can build that, it would be Ten
Tec.
>> 73
> Bob KB1CIW

Bob ...  They have big black box...called an O'Rion...or something like
that, that you might want to take a look at. I hear it is bigger and has
better filters and some say it even works better than a 100 watt K2.

Tom - W4BQF

---