Re: [TenTec] band stacking

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] band stacking
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 08:17:07 -0500
Personally, I don't find a band scope very useful because I'm usually
looking for a signal right at the noise level (or below.)  So, I leave
mine off.  I've had my Orion for about 4 weeks, and have only used the
band scope a few times (looking for a DX pileup).  In this time I've had
zero lockups and no need to reboot or reset.  I have run split a number
of times with no problems.  So, this may help validate the "band scope is
the problem" theory.  (I also use an external keyer - nothing can replace
my Logikey!)

        73,  Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas