Re: [TenTec] band stacking

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] band stacking
From: "Steve Ellington" <N4LQ@igLou.com>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 13:43:19 -0000
Well Duane I guess we are the opposite. I don't care for weak dx signals so
I hunt for strong stateside signals with the scope in hopes of a good rag
chew. So I need that scope to work! I've been leaving it off today and have
not had one problem so I guess it's the culpret. I had a Logikey and hated
it. What is so appealing about them? I learned to use Curtis mode B and the
K3 only had mode A. I found myself making mistakes due to the timing
difference. Having to send commands to it just to change the weight was a
pain. The sidetone sounded like a duck and it has no volume control. On the
other hand, my old MFJ-407 with the Curtis 8044 chip is a perfect mode B,
has real knobs for volume and weight right smack on the front panel plus
even a tune button and it doens't emmit that horrible O K everytime I turn
it on. Yea I know I'm in the minority when it comes to Logikeys.
The keyer in the Orion is great. They must have taken the design from MFJ.

Scope off Captain
73
Steve
N4LQ