Re: [TenTec] omni 6+ pbt tune

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] omni 6+ pbt tune
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 19:19:15 +0000
Well, I have only had three Omni VI's, the Plus and the two Option 3's. In each
and every one of them I found the sound MUCH more agreeable with the PBT at 11
o'clock for LSB/CW and at 1 o'clock for USB.  Of course, you can use a 12:00
o'clock high postion for all the modes - which is FB for DXing and contesting,
but not so good for extended ragchewing.

>From general considerations, it would at least superficially appear that it
>would take wider filters to change that characteristic of the rig.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

Now, USB and LSB do tend to have a