Re: [TenTec] omni 6+ pbt tune

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] omni 6+ pbt tune
From: "M. P. Haynes" <k4beh@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 09:10:56 -0400
Hi Guys and Gals,

My thoughts on this phenomena is that it is due to the skirts of the
filters not passing the received audio below a nominal frequency of
probably 300 hZ or so.   This would be a normal occurrence in all rigs
with PBT.  I have a Paragon I and it does this also.  As an aside, I
notice on my Delta II  which has the variable Jones filter that as I
close down the filter to narrower and narrower bandwidths I have to
slightly shift the PBT to keep the received CW station centered.  I don't
notice this effect on my Jupiter. I suspect that the engineers shifted
the center frequency of the digital filtering scheme as the bandwidth is
narrowed.  Easier to do with software than hardware.  Just my thoughts
and observations.

73,

Pat-K4BEH