[TenTec] W8JI Receiver Tests

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] W8JI Receiver Tests
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:08:10 -0400
        Someone directed me to W8JI's Receiver Tests website which
has been updated to include both the 7800 and Orion.  In addition
to IMD measurements, Tom has added MDS and BDR for the 7800 which
I have never seen published anywhere previously:

http://www.w8ji.com/receiver_tests.htm

Tom's 2 kHz spaced IMD measurements of the 7800 and Orion agree
exactly (78 dB for 7800 and 92 dB for Orion) with Sherwood's, which
gives me greater confidence in both ARRL's preliminary results
reported by Sherwood and W8JI's data.  It will be very interesting
to see ARRL's final report on the IC-7800 late this summer.

Now back to nit...picking. ;-)

73, Bill W4ZV

P.S. Sherwood's presentation at Dayton Contest Forum here:

http://www.sherweng.com/Dayton_2004/Dayton_2004-Sherwood_files/frame.htm