Re: [TenTec] Lets talk furniture

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Lets talk furniture
From: Frankie Hunt <k4ten@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 20:31:54 -0700 (PDT)
Don?t discount getting a plain desk and adding some
shelving to it.  I really like that setup because the
desk can stay put while you slide out the shelving to
get to the back of your equipment.  Although I made my
shelving I would think you could come up with
something.

A nice Steelcase brand desk can be found at used
office furniture stores for a very reasonable sum.
They are extremely functional and of excellent
quality.  They do look kind of spartan though.

I agree with Bob about the depth of the top.   The top
of the one I have measures 30 inches by 60 inches.  I
like to rest my forearms on the surface when I am
using my desk and 30 inches is OK, 36 would be better.

You can go to the following link to see my setup,
although it is a little dated.  (I now have a
756proii, 746, and an Argonaut V) (I?m still just
dreaming about the Orion, but who knows what might
happen at the Ten Tec hamfest!)

http://users.chartertn.net/FHUNT/

73,
Frankie