RE: [TenTec] Lets talk furniture

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Lets talk furniture
From: "Russel Behm" <russbehm@silcom.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2004 13:11:42 -0700
Since there have been many diverse replies about furniture, so I find it
necessary to toss in my 2 cents also.

Please consider a standard office desk from the 60's manufactured by
Shaw-Walker or equivalent.  These desks were solid oak, double pedestal, and
measured 60 x 34 inches. They were a defacto industry standard of the
period. Typically, they had three drawers and slide-out shelf in one
pedestal; and one drawer, file drawer, and slide-out shelf in the other
pedestal.  Also, they had a center drawer. These are very cost effective, if
you can still find one.

They were typically a blond oak color. You can refinish these to match your
favorite wood finish color and add shelving as many Hams have mentioned. It
is deep enough to accommodate your equipment, plus it can be very
attractive, sturdy, and functional.

Also for your consideration is a matching swivel office chair of the same or
newer vintage.  Also, think about the new LCD monitors that require a very
small footprint in your station setup; however, that could stress the
budget!

This same desk design was copied by other manufacturers and offered in
steel, rather than solid wood. That could be another alternative and might
be more readily available in your area.

Good Luck with your project...

Russ, K6RHB
Santa Barbara, CA