[TenTec] Re: TenTec Digest, Vol 18, Issue 61

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Re: TenTec Digest, Vol 18, Issue 61
From: martin@aa6e.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:14:01 -0400
W4ZV: "I find it odd to be writing this when there are so many IT experts
on this reflector.  XP is Microsoft's greatest OS ever...right?  Guess
what...since I gave my wife her XP laptop in December 2002, there have
been no less than 119 updates according to its Installation History.
I'm NOT an IT person, but for some reason I don't find this objectionable,
and it puts the 46 updates on Orion since March 2003 into perspective."

It's a fair bet that most of those XP updates had to do with Internet
vulnerabilities rather than normal user interaction.  XP is also 1000's of
times more complicated than Orion's SW.

I hate to think what would happen if you subjected the Orion to _hostile_ probes
like you get on the Internet!  (Actually, it would be interesting to see how
long Orion would survive if you sent it random data over the serial port.  I
don't think I'll try that on _my_ rig.)

-Martin