[TenTec] Strange Display On OMNI V ???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Strange Display On OMNI V ???
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:08:05 EDT
I noticed a problem with my OMNI V display tonight.
I thought at first I was imagining things but it looked like the frequency
display was not as bright as I recalled it to be.
Then I noticed that it was bright again.
This happened twice without doing anything to the rig on my part.
The third time it went dim it I turned the rig off and back on and it came
back bright.
Has anyone had this happen to them?
RF output of the rig is the same dim or bright.
It looks like someone turned the display down with a switch.
Almost like if it had a bright and not so bright setting.
Is it time to clean the connector to the display?
Any other thing to look for?
Dan N4VET