Re: [TenTec] Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Heil ProSet adapter with Orion -- hum?
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:47:09 -0500
Lee -
        Mine is only about 8 weeks old, so I'm assuming it has the ground
connection made at the connector.  I'm looking more at whether modifying
the Heil adapter will solve the problem.  I'll probably go ahead and pull
the connector apart, make the change and see what happens.  I don't think
it's an RFI problem - it is very repeatable regardless of power, antenna
or even dummy load use.

        73, Duane

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:20:36 EDT Kc9cdt@aol.com writes:
> Duane,
> Hello my friend, well I can tell you what works here.
> I have a Heil Goldline with the standard Heil TT cable, works fine
> EXCEPT on
> 10 mtrs when I use 400 watts out, I get lots of RF feedback (all the
> lights in
> Orion flicker on/off). Also, I have a Heil BM10 headset, again with
> standard
> Heil cable adapter, works fine also.
>
> The RF feedback issue is one that has been discussed over & over.
> The
> recommendation is to have the wiring just like it shows in the Orion
> manual.
>
> ALSO... I heard that TT has since done MODS to have the Mic shield
> connected
> to chassis ground on the Orion.
>
> Does anyone know (before I call PAul at TT) exactly how the mod is
> done on
> the Orion. I would like to do it exactly like TT does it.
>
> Thanks,
> Lee, KC9CDT

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas