[TenTec] ORION and IC7800

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ORION and IC7800
From: "w7sv" <w7sv@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 15:03:15 -0500
Hi John,

I love my IC7800 and my ORION...don't ever plan to sell either in this
lifetime!! They are both Great radios!! The ORION holds an edge in some
areas while the IC7800 holds an edge in others!! The review in AUG 2004 in
the reviews section spells this out very clearly. The bulletproof receiver
of the ORION and the fact that TEN TEC is so responsive to its users are the
ORION's strong points. The IC7800 strong points are a very user friendly
conventional receiver that hears well and is a strong performer with MASSIVE
DSP processing power. The Noise Reduction function on the IC7800 is just
DAMN amazing...but the ORION Noise Blanker works much better than that of
the IC7800. I suspect that there will be refinements in the ORION's  DSP NR
system that will make it equal to or better than the fidelity of the IC7800.
That is one of the GREAT strengths of the ORION..the TEN TEC support
system..although the ICOM support team has announced that there will be a
firmware update for the IC7800 to improve the NB of the IC7800 on the low
bands in September.

Again, they are BOTH GREAT radios!!!

73 es GUD DX,

Kirby, W7SV(soon to be K7EC)