Re: [TenTec] ORION and IC7800 - Kirby - GUI's

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION and IC7800 - Kirby - GUI's
From: ac5e@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 11:51:02 +0000
Well, most computer control programs "look like" a radio, albit with
enhancements that make it look less like a 3D image of the controlled radio
than a representation of the actual radio. There would not be much point in a
control program that did not add functionality to the radio -  and an exact
replica of the front panel would probably limit that functionality.

But when someone says they want a GUI that looks like Orion I wonder which one;
the constellation, the mythological Greek hunter, the fifteenth century stage
actor or any of several others. I certainly would not want a replica of the
radio's front panel on the LCD screen.

73  Pete Allen  AC5E

-
Never squat with your spurs on