Re: [TenTec] Using a 253 Tuner in a Contest

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Using a 253 Tuner in a Contest
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 15:53:14 -0400
Ken Brown wrote:
Eric Rosenberg wrote:

I've recently picked up a 253 Autotuner that I will be adding to my station, which consists of an Omni-6 Plus and Herc II (and 301 remote encoder).

What is the difference between a Hercules and a Hercules II?

Doesn't the original Herc. use power transistors that are no longer available and may not be replaced by any existing device due to the design?

Pop those babies and y'all got yerself a real expensive doorstop!

Or so I have been told!

73, doc kd4e