[TenTec] Orion and SteppIR

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion and SteppIR
From: "Bernard(wtrone)" <wtrone@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 08:56:04 -0500
    After taking "care" of a few pine trees, I finally have my new 3 element
SteppIR antenna up and operational.  It sure seems to work well.  The antenna
patterns seem to be a little sharper than the TH-7 and A3WS that I was using.

    I also bought the Orion to SteppIR interface unit, but can't seem to get
the interface to operate properly.  It seems like the two won't communicate
frequency information.  I talked to Fluid Motion on Friday and they gave me the
pin out information to make sure that the interface cable was the correct one.
It checks out OK.  I've been through the set up procedure about six times, step
by step.  So, now, I am wondering if it is operator error (of some type),  a
problem with the Orion, or a problem with the SteppIR control box.

    Anyone on the board have an Orion with the SteppIR interface who could shed
a little light on the situation.  Is there a setting on the Orion that I must
activate?

            73,

            Bernard, WA4OEJ