Re: [TenTec] The QSK of QSK

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] The QSK of QSK
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:09:31 -0500
On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:49:47 -0400 (EDT), jsb@digistar.com wrote:

>I would venture a guess that this is because the Ten-Tec radios do a
>better job of QSK than any other product offering out there.

I own six radios that do very acceptable QSK. They are a K2/100, Omni A,
Omni V, TS-850, FT100D, and IC-746. To say that Ten Tec radios are the
only radios that do acceptable QSK (or even good QSK) is a religous
statement, not a statement of fact.  I recently acquire a Titan 425 and a
Hercules. The K2/100, Omni A, Omni V, and TS850 all do very good QSK
with both of those amps. I haven't had time to try the 746 or FT100D, but I
suspect they will too.

Granted, some of these radios are much better than others in various
ways. I mainly use the 746 on 50 MHz and 144 MHz, both CW and SSB,
but it also is a reasonably good HF radio. I mainly use the FT100D as a
mobile radio, and as a VHF/UHF FM base radio. The Omni A just went out
to a young ham who just passed his General.

Jim Brown  K9YC

Jim Brown
Audio Systems Group, Inc.
Chicago