Re: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance (long)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance (long)
From: Sinisa Hristov <shristov@ptt.yu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 04:26:55 -0400
Bob Henderson wrote:

> This morning I set out to answer Toby's question and had some very peculiar
> results.  ...  At this stage I was puzzled, as 60 wpm had been absolutely
> fine 2 days ago with the same Orion and exactly the same set up.

> Why when Orion had just been turned on, the code generated at speeds as low
> as 50 wpm was bad, I really have no idea. Orion having been on for an hour
> or two, I have re-run my tests several times and at 60 wpm the code is
> consistently good while at 65 wpm elements are dropped and 70 wpm the code
> is completely unreadable.

Hi Bob,

several months (and revisions) earlier, I performed detailed
measurements and found that quality of transmitted CW greatly
varied with code speed, time between characters/words and
especially with rig temperature.

Didn't have time to retest with current revisions,
but from your results I'd guess that some of the
instability is still there.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VA3TTN