Re: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance (long)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ORION QRQ Performance (long)
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:48:30 -0000
 Martin Ewing said:

>  My idea is that it's the result of routing fast
> CW on-off information through a control processor that is too slow or
> too busy with other tasks.

Martin I think you are very probably correct but as my tests show Orion
produces acceptable code up to 60 wpm, how much of a problem is this?
Certainly for avid fans of 60+ wpm this is a problem but how much of the
market does that account for.

I can send pretty good cw with a paddle at up to 50 wpm and can receive
pretty well to 75 wpm.  I could match my receive speed easily on transmit
using a keyboard but it leaves me cold.  I feel like I might as well use
data modes. I do recognise that other folks feel differently about that
however.

Bob, 5B4AGN