Re: [TenTec] 253 interface 4-6.5mHz?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 253 interface 4-6.5mHz?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 18:37:58 -1000
Hi John,

Now I need to explore if this 4-6.5 band is one of the band pass filters in the HercII for grins. Operate 60m in stanby. The omni has no output for 4-6.5, but the 253 and Herc II do.

Pictures of the Hercules II show a bandswitch position for 4-6.5 MHz. Paragons will transmit there. I'll have a Hercules II in a week or so, and I could look at the schematics and tell you whether there is a bandpass filter to go along with that bandswitch position. One would presume that there is.

Thanks for the information about the Riley's cable lacking that wire. I was considering buying one ready made. Now that I know about that, I guess I'll be making the cable myself, or finding another source for one already made. I'll be needing cables to interconnect Paragon II, Hercules II and 253, and my logging computer. Any recomendations for connector sources will be appreciated.

DE N6KB