Re: [TenTec] Foot switch advice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Foot switch advice
From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 14:38:55 -0500
Gerry,
At one time, Radio Shack had a low cost foot switch.  If you are going in
for heavy contesting; you might want a non mechanical foot switch.   The
recent QST cover article on touch paddles could be adapted to a foot switch
function.  The author just gave one of our clubs a talk on his touch paddles
last night; and the idea came to me then.  He developed the paddles to over
come mechanical adjustments, dirt, and outdoor operations effect on
conventional paddles as well as needing less mechanical force to operate.
The foot is a good capacitor as well, and could be used to close a
capacitive sensing foot "paddle".

Look at that QST piece.
It is by Milt , W8NUE, called the NUE Paddle.
73,
Stuart
K5KVH