Re: [TenTec] RF

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RF
From: Charles Greene <W1CG@QSL.NET>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:23:08 -0400
Hi,

I had an RF feedback problem with my Omni-VI+ for three years. It just kept getting worse. I tried all the usual fixes and some inside, like making sure all the internal plugs were tight, and adding a cap across the mike connector. I used isolation transformers in the audio in and out, opti-isolators to key it, RFI chokes, all shielded wires. Some helped, but it just wouln't go away. It was worse at field day where I didn't have a good external ground. It even got to the point where I was getting RF feedback while in CW. I even thought the finals were oscillating. It got so bad I couldn't operate any mode, so I sent it to the factory. They fixed it, but wouldn't tell me what they did when I queried them. I asked if it was a modification, and the technician I queried said it was.

:-(

Chas, W1CG