[TenTec] Paragon II software control

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon II software control
From: "Edward A. Feustel" <efeustel@direcway.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:32:57 -0400
Subject:
[TenTec] How? Paragon II software control
From:
designer <designer@quickdata.com>
Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:18:07 -0700
To:
tentec@contesting.com

If anyone has be successful with software control of the Paragon II - primarily frequency changing - please tell me your settings and/or software.

I have Ham Radio Deluxe, Commander (DX Lab), Hamport (DX Soft), Omni Rig, MixW, BandMaster.

I'm sure I was able to do it once, but might have changed rig config. (Icom 735 vs Icom 765) setting or cable (using 9 to 25 pin serial cable wired straight through - not modem cable).

Thanks,
73,
Paul
Paul,
I just went through the process.
I use TRX-Manager. I found that I must use the IC-765 emulator. I found that XMLog assumes
that you put in a Hexadecimal Address for the computer address, but that the Paragon expects a decimal address!

For TRX-Manager, I had to get into CdE mode on the Paragon II. This causes the Paragon II to broadcast frequency changes.

The Appendix describing the returned message format is incorrect in actuality.

Hope this helps. If you need more info, e-mail me off list.

Ed, N5EI