[TenTec] Re: Digital Ten*Tec Manuals

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Digital Ten*Tec Manuals
From: "Paul Valko - W8KC" <w8kc@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:49:49 -0400
Hi Jeff!

I don't mean to stop you, but I get asked for electronic copies of TenTec
manuals at least once a week.  So often in fact that a couple years back, I
asked our friends in Sevierville if they would mind if I put up copies of
out-of-production rig manuals on my museum site.

Ten*Tec politely told me that they would prefer that I do not scan the
manuals because they still are under copyright and available for a nominal
fee.

Think about how well Ten*Tec supports the amateur community.  Consider that
frequently they will just ship you some small part for free because it's too
much trouble to create an invoice and process it.  Try and order ANY small
parts from the other ham manufacturers that is more than a few years old.

In the long run, it's probably in our best interest to let them make a few
bucks by selling a manual.  The ham who buys one gets his or her money back
in the end with a higher resale value anyway.

Keep in mind that I am a cultist though. Your mileage may vary.

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v9
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.asx