[TenTec] FT-9000 Series

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] FT-9000 Series
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:06:40 -0400
        Uh oh...first we had  the IC-7800, and now
another "ultimate" from Yaesu.  I like definition 1a.

                                73,  Bill W4ZV
Main Entry: 1ul·ti·mate
[]

Pronunciation: '&l-t&-m&t
Function: adjective
Etymology: Medieval Latin ultimatus last, final, from Late Latin, past participle of ultimare to come to an end, be last, from Latin ultimus farthest, last, final, superlative of (assumed) Latin ulter situated beyond
1 a : most remote in space or time : <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=farthest>FARTHEST b : last in a progression or series <their ultimate destination was Paris> c : <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=eventual>EVENTUAL <they hoped for ultimate success> d : the best or most extreme of its kind : <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=utmost>UTMOST <the ultimate sacrifice>
2 : arrived at as the last result <the ultimate question>
3 a : <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=basic>BASIC, <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=fundamental>FUNDAMENTAL <the ultimate nature of things -- A. N. Whitehead> b : <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=original>ORIGINAL <the ultimate source> c : incapable of further analysis, division, or separation
4 : <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=maximum>MAXIMUM
synonym see <http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&va=last>LAST
- ul·ti·mate·ness noun