Re: [TenTec] Re: new generators

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: new generators
From: "Ben K8DIT" <benk8dit@callatg.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:05:10 -0700
I am the original poster of the question about inverter type gennys.
Ok, I have several good responses and others who like other options, or are
making me aware that there are options. I now know about stand alone
inverters, and using alternate energy sources like solar.
I just wanted to get a handle on the experience of this vast knowledgable
body of the current choices of portable and quiet inverter gennys to see if
they are as reliable as they advertise. Apparently they are for the most
part. I thank you for your responses and welcome others to comment if there
is any reason to do so. My current interest is just to use it to power my
Ten Tec gear, such as it is, from time to time in a simulated power outage.
I was not going to investigate fuel alternatives just yet or go into the
worst case scenario planning until I have learned the basics.