Re: [TenTec] You Never Really Know.........

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] You Never Really Know.........
From: "Ed and Janet" <janed@burgoyne.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 21:15:19 -0600
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:59 PM

God Bless you Jim, Jack AK7O

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Reid" <jimr.reid@verizon.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 8:53 PM
Subject: [TenTec] You Never Really Know.........

There I was late last week, enjoying my "other" hobby, happily practicing
away on some new theatre organ pieces (electronic organ set up,
Miditzer and Hauptwerk).

Oops, what was that? A little tug in my chest...........

In the morning I will be flying to Honolulu via Hawaiian Airlines and into
Straub Hospital by 9 AM; from there into the Cardiology department
for a "fast" heart catheter process to provide a map to the surgeons
who are expecting me around noon time!!! I have no idea how all
this will turn out, but am told that now my left ventricle is not getting
enough blood into its' lower parts....learned via a bunch of testing from
late last week through to Tuesday morning.

Fortunately for us out here,  Straub is a top rated hospital for heart
operations,  a significantly low mortality rate both on the operating
table and for the months following the procedure;  others out here are
not as highly rated,  at least not as based upon Medicare patient
statistics for we "older" folks! And the surgeons there are doing
:"minimally invasive" work on hearts NOT requiring cutting the
"breast bone" and laying you wide open,  and NOT requiring
the use of a heart/lung machine.  They can now operate on a
beating heart  IF all the plumbing problems are on the front
(anterior) side of the heart.  If on the back,  then on to the full
deal "open heart" operation (heart/lung machine,  stop the heart's
beating,  etc.).

So,  I am going to miss a period of radio and organ time!  But
soon will get back to them.  Prayers appreciated for the cardiologists
and surgeons decisions and skills tomorrow,  thank you!!

Best to all and 73, Jim Reid KH7M