Re: [TenTec] New firmware for the Orion...

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New firmware for the Orion...
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:58:40 -0500
> > I did this at least 10 times but on the top of the screen it was
> > mentioned :
> >
> > "BATTERY FAILURE" (not "battery test")
> >
> > Is this supposed to be the right message or not ?

This is the CORRECT message., appears normally during the RAM
Clear reset, and does NOT mean the battery is bad.  See Ten-Tec's
description at http://rfsquared.com/Orion/help.txt.

Of course, if you really do have a bad battery, that's another issue,
and I'd think you would see that Battery Failure message not just
during the VFOB LCK reset procedure.

Grant/NQ5T