Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re Please tell me about the TT Omni VI+
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:58:22 -0500
I'll add one more voice re: RFI and Omni VI+'s.  My shack is very RF rich
(1 KW into a wire ~15' overhead.).  I had zero problems with the Omni
VI+, although I have some other equipment in the shack that doesn't do so
well. I was very impressed with my Omni VI+ on CW and RTTY, and
reasonably happy with it on SSB (not my favorite mode, but I do have over
200 countries on phone DXCC, so I've used it a bit).  No major problems
in the seven years I owned it, and very good service response for the
couple of minor problems.  Quite different than my experience with Yaesu
(who never could fix one rig), and ICOM whose issues I had to install my
own mods to get around.  The Omni VI+ is the rig I have owned for the
longest time, and I wish I could have afforded to keep it when I
purchased my Orion, but it was a stretch even with selling the Omni.

Notice that this is not a defensive posting, but rather a positive one
about a rig I'd love to have as a backup or 2nd operating position.

        73,  Duane