Re: [TenTec] Service Pack 2 Won't Install (off topic!!)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service Pack 2 Won't Install (off topic!!)
From: Martin Ewing <martin@aa6e.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 07:06:56 -0800 (PST)
Yes, there are mixed reviews of the SP2 update.  For
example, see
http://productguide.itmanagersjournal.com/article.pl?sid=04/11/13/1331243

My primary care doctor updated his desktop system
naively. He told me he has spent hundreds of bucks on
service calls to get his machine working again, and
it's still not back to normal.

Ironically, a good number of software applications
depend on the lax security that SP2 is trying to fix
up.

This is all very interesting, but what does it have to
do with TenTec?

-73, Martin, AA6E
www.aa6e.net/aa6e
A happy Fedora Linux user