RE: [TenTec] Argonaut V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Argonaut V
From: "Michael B. Blake" <k9jri@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 15:18:46 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces@contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Mark Erbaugh
Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 12:40 PM
To: roncasa@verizon.net; tentec@contesting.com

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 12:19, ron wrote:

> It would be great if there is a radio control software that includes
> PSK, RTTY, and even SSTV! Then I wouldn't need the Rigblaster! :)

Have you looked at MixW?  It does PSK, RTTY, SSTV and more.  It has the
ability to control PTT through the computer interface, so you just need to
connect the audio if your radio is supported. I don't know if it can control
PTT on the Argonaut V, though.  It's not free, but I think it's worth the
$50.

73,
Mark

MixW will control the Argo via the CAT port OR, if a second COM port is
available will also allow PTT or CW keying via the key jack.  You can also
use MMTTY and MMSSTV to key the Argo via the CAT interface rather than the
key/PTT jack.  The RigBlaster is not needed.  I connect my Argo directly to
line-in and line-out on my computer.  I use MixW and HRD software to control
the Argo, including PTT, via the computer interface (CAT) port.

73 - Miike - K9JRI
Argonaut 516 TCXO, ver 1.08