RE: [TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Orion
From: "RM" <royalct@inr.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:43:15 -0500
I really don't have any of the problems with the latest firmware update that
folks talk about on this reflector.  I do try to create many of the problems
that are discussed.  I have recreated some of the 'quirkier' bugs reported
from the past........

I don't quite agree that if 100% of the folks upgrade then 100% of the folks
have the problem.  To many variables in the hamshack, the hamshack
environment, the operator, the ability of the operator to understand, and so
on....................

Spent too much time in my career in managing the design and testing of
integrated sofrware/hardware military systems to make such a
statement.......  The fact that I haven't witness the problem doesn't mean
that it is not a problem, or it is a problem......... I just do not have the
problems....   And I don't have RFI in my shack either.

This Orion is my first TenTec, and I am very impressed with it.  My past
four DX rigs were a Kenwood TS930 and TS940, and Icoms IC765 and
IC775......Believe me, the TenTec has been flawless compared to 3 of those
four rigs.

Ron......NU1U

Concerning the 7800, folks who can afford and do drop 10 grand or more for
hobby toy tend to be positive about life; i.e., they don't tend to be
negative as the general U.S. ham population appears to be.  That is an
observation that I have made in my 41 years of being a Ham........