Re: [TenTec] Rx-400

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Rx-400
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:16:41 -0800 (PST)
Yepp, it definitely doesn't meet the more demanding
ham radio requirements for great RX performance while
working signals at or bellow the noise floor using
narrow band modes like SSB/CW. It doesn't appear to be
the ham radio contesters kind of RX. I suppose though
for the "I have a mil spec radio" crowd it will be
good for some bragging rights. Although I'm sure it
performs very well for the target gov/mil/com users as
well.

More importantly it is good to see that Ten Tec is
learning about and/or is working with LAN interfacing
and the concept of streaming digital data streams to
external destinations. Now only if that technology
would just make its way into the higher performing ham
radio gear.

Duane
N9DG