Re: [TenTec] About the ACOM/Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] About the ACOM/Orion
From: "Bob Henderson" <bob@cytanet.com.cy>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 17:48:08 -0000
Duane

You're right that Alpha worked with Acom on production of the 91b.  It's
also true that the relationship between Alpha and Acom floundered.  I 'm
pretty sure there will be alternative truths concerning the detail of what
went wrong in that relationship.

I can't speak from experience with the Acom 2000A but I can on the Acom
1000, which is one of the best made amps I've ever had the pleasure of
using.  The quality of construction is a joy to behold.  Mine was one of the
first Acom 1000 amps and is about 4.5 years old now.  It's never missed a
beat and frequently does 48 hours straight in contests.

>From the contact I have had with the Acom folks I would say they know
exactly what they are doing.  They are a very professional bunch of folks.

Usual caveat:  I have no financial or other interest in Acom other than as a
very satisfied owner of an Acom 1000 and potential purchaser of an Acom
2000A.

Bob, 5B4AGN, P3F