[TenTec] From Omni 5 to Jupiter?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] From Omni 5 to Jupiter?
From: Able2fly@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:02:21 EST
I am toying with the idea of trading in a perfectly good Omni V  and
replacing it with a Jupiter with antenna tuner, the reason being just  to
consolidate
and simplify things a bit, and to try something more  modern.  The only
problem is that I really like the Omni and it fits my  operating style (casual
rag-chew, occasional DX, CW for the most part) fits it  to a "T". I like the
analog
sound and feel of the Omni. Its equipped with the  1.8 and .5 filters in the
2nd IF.

 I'm asking those who have used them both, how do the Omni V and  Jupiter
compare? What are the tradeoffs?

Thanks, Bill  K3UJ