Re: [TenTec] CW Audio tone... why not use a Binaural CW audio filter?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Audio tone... why not use a Binaural CW audio filter?
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:18:19 -0800
About two weeks ago I started a thread on using an external binaural audio filter to simulate stereo reception for CW. This was a very simple project to build and very effective in helping you 'separate' the signals from one another and especially from background noise... .which is splint into high and low components which make the nose far less intense.

Sadly I didn't get a whole lot of response on this filter project suggestion. I suppose the fact that it simply could not be bought already built was a major issue for most.... but it isn't very hard to build and the parts are all available at Radio Shack....

Seeing this thread made me think However, those of you who find you really need specific sidetone frequencies to pull the stations out comfortably you really consider trying a binaural filter. Remember, you have to use stereo headphones (or a small stereo amp with speakers) after all it is binaural.

73,

Jerald, KG6TT