Re: [TenTec] yv5mbx - Orion operation issues

To: <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] yv5mbx - Orion operation issues
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:21:09 -0500
Javier, Another thing that comes to my mind is that if you are doing cw on 160 and 80 and you are using the filters manually by the menu, and then you try to go to ssb, you may be forgetting to change the roofing filter setting to a wider setting to accomodate the wider ssb signals. I have done this often and then wonder whey the ssb signals sound so bad.

Again, the best thing for a beginner is to set the filters on AUTO in the menu. That way you will not be confused as much.

As far as startup time, I will check it tomorrow morning and see how long it takes from a cold start. Toby W4CAK

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin AA6E" <msembx-aa6e@yahoo.com>