Re: [TenTec] Keyers?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Keyers?
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:24:57 -1000
>What is it that makes it easy to adjust in one
>direction and  difficult in the other?
>
>Perhaps going to a wider "window" would be easier than going the other way.

That explaination sounds plausible to me. I have tried to figure out
exactly what are the differences in keyers that make the operator/keyer
interaction work differently, and it is very difficult. I think the  way
to really find out would be use pulse generators and an oscilloscope.
The scope could monitor the keyer paddle inputs and the keying output,
while the timing of the paddle inputs is varied. Eventually after a lot
of work, the situation could be accurately quantified for several
different brands of keyers. It would also be interesting to see how much
variation amongst identical model keyers there may be.

 DE N6KB