Re: [TenTec] Keyers?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Keyers?
From: Gary Tuck <gtuck@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 07:30:15 -0700
On 1.372 the NR and AGC displays would change when the buttons were
depressed but the changes might not take effect.  For example, you
could hit the NR button and the circuit wouldn't activate every time.
Some times it would take two or three "pushes" to get the NR on or off.
  Same with AGC--the display would say OFF but the AGC was still on.
Things like that.  Also, my main display darkened down the left hand
side as the rig warmed.  Paul said that it sounded like a board level
problem.  I installed 1.372 probably four times and every time returned
to 1.371 which worked smoothly and reliably.   As a result, I stayed on
1.371.  The 850s has a good receiver and I hear between the elements on
QSK better than the Orion frankly.  But I much prefer the Orion for
noise and strong signal handling.

Gary W7TEA