Re: [TenTec] Keyers?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Keyers?
From: "Ken & Linda Burrough" <w8keb@1st.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 11:01:47 -0400
Morning Gary and The List

I did not have the time to answer when you first posted.  I just read your post
of last night.  Here is what I have used for many years now.  All MFJ and all
of these keyers are Keyboard compatible.

In use now but not for long is the MFJ 464 CW Keyer/Reader.  I do not have the
Reader part hooked up as I do not need this.  I will sell this at a nice price.

Second on my list is the MFJ 451 Morse Keyboard Keyer.  This is a great keyer
for the keyboard and paddles.  I use this one when I go to the Kids house, very
small.

Third on my list is the MFJ 493 Super Menu Driven Memory Keyer.  I do not use
this keyer any more and it is also for sell.

Fourth on my list is the K1el WinKey.  Very good keyer and I use my computer
keyboard with it.  When I use the N4PY Orion Control Program, which Carl has
put all the controls for the WinKey into his Orion Control Program, it is the
best Keyboard CW program I have ever used.  I can not out type the buffer in
the WinKey Keyer.  I also use the same WinKey to key my Pegasus using the
Rascal Interface and a Manhattan Data Transfer Switch.  This is the keyer I
recommend.  It can be set up to run stand alone with free software downloaded
from the K1el WebPages.

I am going to buy the MFJ 495 Keyboard Keyer next.  I must tell all at this
point I have been using a keyboard for 20 years now and I find the new ones
work very well with all of my Ten-Tec radios.

The above keyers have been used with the following radios.

Orion, Pegasus, Omni VI Plus, Omni C, Century 21, T-Kit 1340, Jupiter, Argo
556, Argonaut V.  I am now trying out the Icom IC 703 Plus with the MFJ 464.
Last night on 80 CW with Toby, W4CAK and Ron, NA9F the MFJ 464 did not miss a
dit at 30 to 35 WMP.

That is what I use here at the Buzzard Roost.

Ken/w8keb
USAF Retired
Flushing, Ohio
w8keb@arrl.net