Re: [TenTec] PSK31 & the Argonaut V

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PSK31 & the Argonaut V
From: "Charles Nagel" <cnagel@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:55:19 -0500
Hi Jim,

I used the ARGO V with DIGIPAN 2.0 with no trouble whatever. You might
want to try this software. I assume you are using the optional fan when
running the ARGO at full output when operating PSK31. Set the microphone
gain at minimum and the output of the sound card as low as possible. If
I recall my VOX setting was at about 6. Then bring up the mic gain - not
much - just until the rig kicks into action. You need to play around
with it a bit. Then if you don't have a PSK meter get a report from
someone right away on the signal quality. Also if you have another
receiver you can get an idea of the signal quality but you probably know
this already. DIGIPAN 2.0 works well also with my Jupiter and Orion.
It's the only software I have ever used so I can only speak to its
operation.

Charles, K0CW