Re: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Long mic cables for Studio 1 on boom
From: "Grant Youngman" <nq5t@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:04:54 -0500
>     Please let me know what responses you get.  They told me
> the same thing.  Ten-Tec sold me the mic and the boom arm,
> with no cure or answer for the too-short cable.

No cure?  It's called "make your own cable".  How hard can that be?  I know
that no one has a clue how to do anything anymore if you can't buy it
on-line, but cables aren't exactly rocket science.

Use high qulity cable.  I'm not familiar with Heil cable, but I presume it's
ok.  There are plenty of others around.  I generally use Canare for any
critical audio work -- double shield, two balanced pairs, hard to beat.
Trace the cable that came with the mic and build one just like it -- only
LONGER.

Grant/NQ5T