Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside - Or Swappable Computer

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Simple Radio - No Computer Inside - Or Swappable Computer
From: Tommy <aldermant@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:45:23 -0400
That's a great idea, but is it really 'simple'? And would it still be
affordable to the average ham? It would be simple if you could make
each module completely independent of all other modules. And if you
could design the modules so that when you replace one, you would not
require some sort of alignment process.  I think more and more today,
hams have less and less test equipment, however the approach by
Eletech sure seem to be working out pretty good.

Might work but of course it would have to be very carefully planned out.

Tommy - W4BQF