Re: [TenTec] FS: One Ten-Tec filter left.

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] FS: One Ten-Tec filter left.
From: Augie Hansen <augie.hansen@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:36:22 -0600
On 7/29/05 6:46 PM, "Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com> wrote:

> How did the V test ?

Hi Steve,

It did quite well compared to the other rigs that were available at the time
it was introduced around 1990. The summary of receiver performance, which is
what Rob and I were testing the Omni V for at the time, is presented in the
table on Rob's web site. Of course the table now includes a number of the
newer rigs such as the K2, Orion, and IC-7800, so the Omni is now at number
16 I think. Here's the link:

    http://www.sherweng.com/table.html

The only rigs that tested better that the Omni V back then were those that
had pre-selectors or roofing filters, either built-in like the R390 or
installed as third party upgrades like the Sherwood mods to the Drake R4C.

In the article I wrote about the use of roofing filters and encouraged
Ten-Tec and other manufacturers to design their receivers with better
front-end selectivity. It took more than a dozen years since that article
and nearly 27 years since Rob first pushed the idea for manufacturers to
seriously address this issue in their products.

You may also want to take a look at Rob's whitepaper and his Dayton
presentation for more background information on this important topic.

73, Gus Hansen / KB0YH