Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:54:47 -0700
From: "Tommy" <aldermant@alltel.net>
To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 8:17 PM

>I don't have experience with a 'pulser' as I've always found it much
> easier to tune by holding the key down or using the TUNE button.

The TUNE button is easier on the operator, but can be harder on the
PA if it isn't designed for RTTY service. It also keeps my cantenna
dummy load from overheating when testing amplifiers as was the
case this evening when I was trying to check out a Centurion 422 for
a friend of mine :))

> But
> yes, when Ten Tec changed to Logic chip v1.03, supposedly to get rid
> of the mysterious 'micro-chirp', they forgot to inform CW operators
> that with v1.03, the Omni 6 Plus would no longer key much over about
> 40 wpm. So if you bring your 'pulser' down below about 40 wpm, it
> should work. If you want to see your 'pulser' work at 48 wpm, you
> have to change the Logic chip back to v1.02.

Yeah, that would make sense. It's clearly not following the pulses
at 48 WPM.

Thanks, Tommy!