Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 06:44:40 -0500
Could some of these issues be the difference between and Omni VI opt 3 and a
Omni VI+?  Although the Omni VI with opt 3 installed does have the same
features as the Omni VI+, from my experience, they aren't the same.  As to
the exact differences, since I no longer have both, I can't do any
measurements nor do I recall specifically.  However, I do recall that when I
acquired the Omni VI+ that it measured different and operated and sounded
different than the upgraded Omni VI with opt 3.

According to info that I have using the formula  SPEED (WPM) = (DOTS/MIN)/25
Thus a string of dots that counts 10 dots per second, speed = (10 x 60) / 25
= 24 WPM.

Comparing dots to dashes, we find that dots should yield about 50% while
dashes should yield about 75% of the solid carrier mode.  This can be
influenced to some degree by meter damping.  In the case of a PEP, in either
case, meter the values should be near 100% of the solid carrier mode.

73
Bob, K4TAX