Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying
From: jsb@digistar.com
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:32:00 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Tommy wrote:

> I don't have experience with a 'pulser' as I've always found it much
> easier to tune by holding the key down or using the TUNE button. But
> yes, when Ten Tec changed to Logic chip v1.03, supposedly to get rid of
> the mysterious 'micro-chirp', they forgot to inform CW operators that
> with v1.03, the Omni 6 Plus would no longer key much over about 40 wpm.
> So if you bring your 'pulser' down below about 40 wpm, it should work.
> If you want to see your 'pulser' work at 48 wpm, you have to change the
> Logic chip back to v1.02.

Speaking of logic chips...  I've got an Omni VI Opt 1 that is in need of
some TLC.  I'm thinking about sending it to TenTec for them to go through
and bring it back to its prime.  A couple questions:

1. Will they pull my 1.02 chip out and put a 1.03 in and aside from
ruining QRQ CW what does this chip do?  I want to keep my existing logic
chip.

2. Should I ask for the Option 3 upgrade if it is available

3. I have the INRAD roofing filter mod installed - will I need to remove
it (I really do not want to remove it) for TenTec to service the radio

--
73 Jason N1SU
http://n1su.us/