Re: [TenTec] #217 Filter

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] #217 Filter
From: "John L Merrill" <jmerrill1@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:54:47 -0400
The best thing you can do for your Orion is to buy the INRAD 762 filter and
put it in place of the 1000hz stock one. That's really all you need and the
dsp filters do the rest. And if you are not too picky the 1000hz filter is
superb on it's own along with the dsp filtering. I don't see any advantage
to getting a 500hz filter that actually degrades IMD according to tests by
W8JI and Sherwood Engineering.

John N1JM