[TenTec] Better solution than #217 Filter?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Better solution than #217 Filter?
From: Steve Ireland <vk6vz@arach.net.au>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 13:26:43 +0800
G'day

I have an good old Omni C with a Ten Tec #217 filter in it and was
interested to see the recent various postings about this filter.

One thing that I have noticed is that despite the 6dB amplifier to help the
insertion loss of the filter, my Omni C receiver still seems down gain-wise
in comparison to the 2.4KHz SSB filter.

I guess the filter is fairly ancient and may have seen better days (like
me).  On this basis, what would be the best Inrad 500Hz filter to use to
put a bit of extra sparkle into its CW performance?

I gather CW fiends (like myself) also sometimes substitute the Ten Tec #218
1.8KHz filter with a 1KHz CW filter.  It would be good to also know what is
the best Inrad option is for this.

Many thanks!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ