Re: [TenTec] #217 Filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] #217 Filter
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:44:36 -0500
Actually, while the numbers may say the 500 Hz filter with its extra
preamp "causes problems," at my QTH it has helped a lot, especially
during RTTY and CW contests.  Now, I don't have stacked monobanders, and
in fact, have fairly puny omnidirectional antennas, so perhaps my
conditions don't raise the problems that the measurements show.  But I've
been very happy I've had the 500 Hz filter in the Orion to switch in on
occasion.  It has made a difference here.  I may try to locate a 250 Hz
filter as well because I remember what miracles it performed in my Omni
VI+ during noisy conditions.  (I also have the Inrad 600 Hz 4-pole in the
1KHz filter slot - yes, there is a positive, discernable difference when
the 500 Hz 6 pole gets switched in.)  For whatever it's worth.

        73,  Duane